Everyone’s jumping on the high-speed train, oh wait, we don’t have one … everyone’s powering north in their cars on the killer Golden State Freeway. Destination, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art for The Steins Collect: Matisse, Picasso, and the Parisian Avant-Garde.
The much-lauded Gertrude Stein show adds to the ever-growing dump of evidence that museum curators tend toward overly complex exhibition titles — too frequently set up with the poor bedraggled colon.
[not sure what a colon is? see illustration above]
Let’s check out the Getty Museum, a castle of art high atop a hill, dubbed (by me) the Kingdom of the Colon. What do the Getty curator/luminaries have on offer?
- In Focus: The Sky
- Paris: Life & Luxury
- Luminous Paper: British Watercolors and Drawings
- Display and Art History: The Düsseldorf Gallery and Its Catalog
- A Revolutionary Project: Cuba from Walker Evans to Now
- Gods of Angkor: Bronzes from the National Museum of Cambodia
- La Roldana’s Saint Ginés: The Making of a Polychrome Sculpture
“In Focus: The Sky”??? Um, do ‘ya really hafta go to a museum to see that?
Re-posted with permission.
this is an ad space