Healthy Snacks for the Evening and More
It seems that children are always hungry and would quite happily eat all night. That must be stopped, but there is no reason why they cannot have some healthy ones. Late-night snacking, in particular, has been blamed for weight gain in adults. So what can you do when you start feeling hungry when you are playing 777 online? Here are some tasty snacks that you can eat in the evening.
- Apple chips are light and tasty. They have a crunch so that you can take your time with them. If you add a bit of cinnamon and walnuts, then you have an easily digestible snack. As well as being light, they contain orexin, and this will help you to fall asleep.
- Grapes. With their extremely sweet flavour, grapes will be the perfect snack when you want something sweet as well as light. In the summer, they are ideal frozen as they will help to cool you down.
- Cereal with milk is healthy as long as you choose low-fat milk and low sugar cereal. The cereal provides carbs and should help with sleep, while the milk provides you with calcium to help your body repair some parts.
- Peanut butter and toast. Whole grain bread is packed with protein and will help you to sleep. The peanut butter will help to stabilize your blood sugar throughout the night.
- Trail mix is a way to get a great mixture of food and nuts. Some have chocolate and, while tastier, are not that healthy and will prevent you from sleeping.
- Oatmeal will help you relax and should fill you up. It is healthy because it will help keep your cholesterol level down.
- Nuts will give you something to crunch on, and virtually every type is healthy and will keep your weight down. Even without toasting, they are an enjoyable way to spend a bit of time before bed.
- Popcorn is not just for the movies. It is lower fat and has fewer calories than chips but can be just as filling. If you want to top it with something for more taste, choose something low in calories, such as salt and pepper, or something sweeter such as honey.
- Small sandwich. As long as this has a low-calorie filling, it will be fine. Choose white meat and salad for the ideal pre-bed snack. It should also help you to drop off quickly.
- Cheese and crackers may not seem like a healthy snack but in moderation, while being fine to eat before bed. Cheese is a protein, so it should keep you feeling full, while the carbohydrates will aid digestion.
- Kale chips are crispy and salty, so you feel you are having something substantial. Kale is full of calcium, so it should help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Once you have satisfied your cravings, you should be able to get a good night’s rest. You can wake up refreshed and happy in the knowledge that you did not go overboard with the calories.