Jack Grapes Poetry Prize Poetry Contest: Open for Submissions!
Calling All Poets
The submission period is now closed. Thank you to the many participants!
Cultural Weekly’s Jack Grapes Poetry Prize Poetry Contest has begun!
Submissions are through Submittable only at this URL: https://culturalweekly.submittable.com/submit/61469
You must submit through Submittable at this URL: https://culturalweekly.submittable.com/submit/61469 . You may not email entries. The Poetry Contest is the same as Cultural Weekly’s open submission period. The only way to submit for open submission is to enter the Poetry Contest. Please follow the rules below.
Cash prizes of $250 for first place, $150 for second place, and $100 for third place, including publication in Cultural Weekly. In addition, five finalists will be chosen and awarded $50 each, including publication in Cultural Weekly.
- You may submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems. What do we mean by unpublished? If it has appeared in any book, magazine or edited website, then it is published. Sole exception: if you have posted it only on your own blog or social media, and you take it down and leave it down, we will consider it unpublished.
- NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS. We promise to make a quick decision.
- You may submit only once during this period. Choose your best work!
- You must follow the formatting rules. Submissions that do not follow these rules may not be considered.
- Submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. (No “pages,” “txt” “pdf” or other formats).
- Your submissions must all be in a single document. In other words, if you submit 3 poems, they should all be in 1 document, not in 3 separate documents.
- Make the name of the file the title of your first poem.
- No unusual spacing or fonts. 12 point, Times New Roman preferred.
- We read all submissions blind. List the titles of your poems on the cover page. Remember: your name, address, phone number and email address must appear on the cover page only! All other pages of your submission must contain NO identifying information.
- No poems will be accepted after August 31st, 2016, midnight Pacific Time. No entries will be considered after that date.
- Submit here: https://culturalweekly.submittable.com/submit/61469. There is a $3 submission fee.
By entering this contest you guarantee that the work you are submitting is your own original poetry, that it has never been published electronically or in print, and that it has not been submitted nor accepted for publication elsewhere.
Our poetry editor will contact all those who submitted with the results soon after the contest ends. Your patience is appreciated. The decision of the judges is final.