The 10th Annual Jack Grapes Poetry Prize opens on Nov 1, 2023 and runs through Nov. 30, 2023, 11:59 PST. Our judges for this year’s contest are Sean Thomas Dougherty, Alan Catlin, and Monica Sok. Please check Cultural Daily for more details about our judges and the submission portal.
The contest is FREE to enter. Below are the details.
12 Prizes in Total
- 3 winners will receive $500 each, plus publication.
- 9 finalists will receive $100 each, plus publication.
- You must submit one, previously unpublished poem. If the poem has appeared in any book, magazine, or edited website, including Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, then it is published.
- No simultaneous submissions.
- All submissions must be made through Cultural Daily’s submission portal.
- No poems will be accepted after NOVEMBER 30, 2023, Midnight, Pacific Time. No entries will be considered after that date.
- By entering this contest, you guarantee that the work you are submitting is your own original poetry, that it has never been published electronically or in print, and that it has not been submitted nor accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Poets can be from anywhere in the world. Poets who are family or friends of the judges are not eligible to enter. Past winners of the Jack Grapes Poetry prize are also ineligible.
- Poems must be written in English or translated into English by the original poets. Poems can be in any style or of any length. Identifying personal information must not appear in the poems or the files the poems are in, since judging is done anonymously.
- Once you’ve completed your submission, you’ll receive an email acknowledgment that your submission has been accepted. If you don’t receive an email, you haven’t entered the contest.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Please direct your questions to Bunkong Tuon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The prize is named for Jack Grapes, award-winning poet, playwright, actor, teacher, and creator of ‘method writing.’