Send Us Your Poems!
It's Time to Share
Over the past two years, Cultural Weekly has become one of the premiere places where poets share their new work, and poetry-lovers share their comments. Our open submission period for poetry happens only once a year, and it is about to begin.
Cultural Weekly will be open for poetry and and Flash Fiction submissions from July 1 through August 31, 2013. Poets whose work is accepted will have their poems (and links to their books and website) published in Cultural Weekly. Interested? Just follow the rules…
1. You may submit up to 3 previously unpublished poems or pieces of Flash Fiction.
a. What do we mean by unpublished? If it has appeared in any book, magazine or edited website, then it is published. Sole exception: if you have posted it only on your own blog or social media, and you take it down and leave it down, we will consider it unpublished.
2. The poems may be of any length, and any style (although we highly discourage rhyming poems). The Flash Fiction pieces each must be under 400 words.
3. You may only submit once during this period. Choose your best work!
4. You MUST follow the following format rules. Submissions that do not follow these rules may not be considered.
a. Submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. (No “pages,” “txt” “pdf” or other formats.)
b. Your submissions must all be in a single document. In other words, if you submit 3 poems, they should all be in 1 document, not in 3 separate documents.
c. Pages must be numbered.
d. The first page, and only the first page, must contain your name, address, phone number and email address. None of this identifying information should appear on any of the other pages.
5. Email your submissions to this email address only: email@example.com.
6. Deadline is August 31, 2013, midnight Pacific Time. No entries will be considered after that date.
7. Your entry will not be acknowledged. Our poetry editor will contact writers whose work has been accepted in due course.
Works accepted for publication will be featured in an upcoming edition of Cultural Weekly. So send us your poems!
Thank you, and we look forward to reading your work!
Photo by Alexis Rhone Fancher