There are three bones in the ankle, and I hit the Trifecta on January second. It’s going to require surgery to put in some screws and plates and other titanium things that should set off metal detectors across the country, and I will be laying low for the next few months, house-bound but still intellectually dangerous.
Everyone wants to know how it happened. The truth is fairly prosaic. So I am calling on you, Cultural Weekly readers, to help me come up with a grand entertaining Tall Tale that I may repeat and expand upon in the coming weeks.
How I Broke My Ankle Tall Tale Contest
1. Enter your Tall Tale in the Comments area, below. The deadline is Tuesday, January 13, 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
2. You may enter more than once.
3. You are welcome to comment on other people’s Tall Tales.
4. I will be the judge and jury.
5. Winner will be announced next week in Cultural Weekly.
Lunch at Urban Radish, Downtown LA’s great Arts District gathering place, eatery and marketplace… plus, of course, the global acclaim that will follow your victory.
Go for it. No Tale is too Tall! Enter your Tall Tale in the Comments area below by Tuesday, January 13, 5:00 pm Pacific Time.