Tips to Make Money from CSGO Betting
What is CSGO?
The popularity of esports continues to increase with more prizes and tournaments available for players as well as more viewers watching the action. One of the most popular esports is the first person shooter, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. There are a huge number of tournaments and events every year which also helps make it one of the top esports to bet on.
Many major online betting sites include CS: GO in their regular lineup of sports that can be wagered on. There are also sites that focus on CSGO skin betting where players can use CS: GO skins to bet on matches and games. Whether you are wagering using money or skins there is a chance you can come out ahead if you place your bets intelligently. The major difference is that when betting with CS: GO skins there is the extra step of selling your items before you actually see a cash profit.
CSGO Betting Tips
Betting on CS: GO can be a lot of fun and great entertainment. There is no way to be sure you will win but you can definitely improve your odds of coming out ahead. Here are some tips that if followed will improve your chances of walking away a winner:
- Know the Game: If you are going to have any chance at all of winning money betting on CS: GO you need to be fairly knowledgeable about the game itself. This may seem like common sense but there are many people who wager on all kinds of sports that have no more than a rudimentary idea of how the game works. You should be aware of the various factors and conditions that can affect the game. There is no need to be an expert player but experience playing CS: GO will definitely help.
- Research Teams: In-depth research is what we are talking about here. Just knowing the odds on a match isn’t good enough. Some of the factors that you should be looking at include the team’s win percentage, what maps they perform well on, how they have performed in past tournaments, and how they have fared in the past against particular opponents. The more you know about the teams involved in a match, the better your chance of placing a winning bet. It takes some work for sure. You will be able to find the information you are looking for on sites like HLTV. There are plenty of other sources as well. If you don’t know anything about the teams involved in a match then you are probably better off not wagering.
- Watch Games: To be more precise watch a lot of games. By watching teams play you can pick up information that isn’t reflected in team or player statistics. You will start to notice the different playing styles of team members, how they work together and the strategies they employ. There are plenty of places to watch matches. Twitch and YouTube are two of the most popular but there are others.
- Start Small: If you are just getting into CS: GO betting start with small bets. Maybe you already have the skills and knowledge to identify the best bets but you won’t know for sure until put to the test. Start small until you are certain you have a good idea of what’s going on
- Recognize that You Won’t Win Every Bet: Not even the best gamblers win 100% of the time. If you bet on CS: GO regularly you are going to lose some bets. Don’t let it get to you and don’t let your emotions get the better of you. If you are angry or frustrated take a break. Your thought process needs to be clear and analytical to make intelligent wagers.
- Shop Around for the Best Odds: Bookmakers don’t always post the same odds for CS: GO matches. You may not want to spread yourself around too much but it doesn’t hurt to have 2 or 3 different sites you can choose between to get the best possible odds on a match. Usually, you will likely find only a small difference but these can add up over time and occasionally the difference can be fairly significant.
- Bet on Some Lower Level Tournaments: The odds posted by betting sites on major tournaments are more likely to be pretty much in line with what they should be. In lower level tournaments odds-makers are less likely to have put in as time and effort into setting the line. You are more likely to find bets with odds that are more favorable to you if you have done your in-depth research.
- Place Bets Early: The best time to get favorable odds on pre-match bets is when they are initially posted. Bookmakers post their odds based on their own expectations. As more bets come in the odds will be adjusted to ensure they remain profitable. Getting your money down early before the line changes increase your chance of getting the best odds.
- Take Advantage of Bonuses and Promotions: Most online betting sites offer a variety of bonuses you can take advantage of, and many of them are aimed specifically at those who bet on esports. The main thing to remember with bonuses is to check the terms and conditions before you actually commit yourself to one. All bonuses come with terms but some are much more stringent than others
- Manage Your Bankroll: This applies to any type of gambling. Determine the amount that you are willing and able to comfortably lose. Establish your limits for bet size. Once you have your boundaries and limits set, stick to them. Under no circumstances should you start chasing losses. When you feel like you have to make back the money you lost you will be more inclined to place larger wagers with more risk. It’s a slippery slope. Stick to the rules you set.
Use these tips to improve your chances of winning and your overall CSGO betting experience.