Video slots are undoubtedly among the most popular casino games on the planet. The switch to online casinos further upped the ante for the software developers since the demand for new and exciting titles grew multifold with greater accessibility. Although the basic mechanism evolved over the last few decades with modernization being the new norm, the idea remains the same.
Modernization further threw open the door for options as gamers are now spoilt for choice since there’s an abundance of games to choose from. There’s a popular saying that goes if you can think of it, it probably exists, and it couldn’t any truer for video slots. On that note, here are the most popular video slot themes of all time.
The 5 Most Affluent Video Slot Themes of All Time
- Classic 80’s Retro – Neon color was the norm back in the day and retro slots based on the ‘80s theme is reminiscent of that. Classic fruit machines like Neon Reels, Neon Starxx, and The Super Eighties add a tinge of nostalgia to the niche. The general theme involves bright neon colors over a black background, while the designers go out of their way to make things glow. A signature retro move!
- Sports-Themed Slots – The next immortal theme on our list, there’s no dearth of options when it comes to sports-themed video slots. From football to cricket and MMA to racing, the list goes on. Games like Football Mania, Basketball Star, Center Court, and Break Away are instant classics that made the genre irresistible. Sports-themed slots aren’t an online casino exclusive, however, and are a cult classic even at land-based casinos.
- Movie-Themed Slots – Films are a popular inspiration for video slot makers since the titles are already popular with the masses and thus promise an existing market. Some very iconic movies and franchises have been the inspiration behind equally epic video slots over the years. Just take The Dark Knight Rises, Jurassic Park, Batman, and The Incredible Hulk for instance. These aren’t just popular films but very successful video slots too!
- Wheel of Fortune – Remember the renowned TV show about a revolving wheel? Numerous video slots over the years have been inspired by that concept ever since the first 3-reel title launched a couple of decades ago. Most Wheel of Fortune games has a bonus wheel round, which is the primary draw for the punters. And iGaming software developers make sure to launch at least one title based on the popular theme per year.
- Adventure-Theme Slots – The idea of uncovering treasures from lost civilizations and inaccessible places attracts a steady number of action-adventure and exploration enthusiasts. Couple that with high-tech modern graphics, soundtracks, and vibrant animation, and the theme is accentuated beyond measures. Take Gonzo’s Quest, Mad Mad Monkey, Jungle Jackpots, or Fire Joker for example. However, that’s barely scratching at the surface as the sheer volume of adventure-themed video slots is immeasurable.
Photo by Amit Lahav on Unsplash
this is an ad space